News & Updates

Open Burn Permits

Effective October 26, 2023 The City of Ely Fire Department will issue Open Burn Permits

What is open buring?

Open burning is the burning of any material or substance, including rubbish, wastepaper, wood, vegetative material or any other flammable material, in the ambient air or any open premises, or on any public street, alley, or other land adjacent to such premises, or in a receptable where emissions are released directly into the air without passing through a chimney or stack. Generally, anytime you kight a fire outdoors, you are open burning.

Forms are available on the City of Ely Website or can be picked up at the City of Ely Fire Department or City Hall. 

Open Burn Permits Ely Nevada<br />

Have a question or need assistance? Please contact us at 775-289-2430 or send us a quick email.